Thursday, December 19, 2013

What's for dinner?

Low-fat, low-sodium Chicken burgers with avocado, spinach, tomato and "Mount Olive Bread & Chips" pickles! Thanks to the Top Chef in our family!

No bun, ketchup or mayo- the avocado added a delicious creaminess that surprisingly made me not miss my usually necessary condiments. If eating healthy could always be like this, I'd still eat dessert - let's not kid ourselves, but I could minimize the damage and still enjoy my meals immensely.
p.s. I was ketchup's biggest fan and now I know why - apparently half a teaspoon of sugar lurks in each old school packet of ketchup.
To demonstrate, BooBoo (just one of my beloved nephew's many nicknames, including Baba, Babart and Mr. Pants) has assisted his Dad in doling out 1 teaspoon of sugar which helps two packets of ketchup go down.

I would squeeze through those suckers at about a 1 ketchup packet:1 fry ratio, which amounts to packets in the double digits since I love my fries... So without realizing it, I was having ketchup as dessert?! I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment