Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hurling Myself Off The Wagon on Sabbath

Today marks two weeks since I started exercising and counting calories and in all that time I lost 2 pounds. TWO FREAKING POUNDS!!!!??? 

Granted, I don't have a gargantuan weight loss goal - more like 10-15 pounds and fat loss/building muscle. Yesterday's exercise session (35 arduous minutes on the treadmill at my sister's place) made 9 exercise days out of 13, yet I still look pretty much the same as I did two weeks ago. Although loved ones encouraged me to stay the course, I felt my will crumbling. 

Admittedly, my diet also hasn't been perfect but for the first time, I hadn't exceeded the myfitnesspal allotted calorie intake on a daily basis over a consistent period. Today, this came to a resounding rest (and not end, hopefully).

I could not motivate myself to get in the gym before it closed early. I concerned myself with other matters, such as this holiday gift of cookies open in the house:

This is like leaving around crack in a tin for a junkie. Look at the damage caused in mere minutes!
My particular undoing came in this form:
Years ago, the non-chocolatey items would have languished in cookie tins at our house, save an inexplicable interest by the elderly. But my tastes have matured considerably through the years, and consequently, I have gone through 14 of these damn cookies in the last 24 hours. Double digits may sound unreasonable, but they're so delightfully crisp and light! And buttery... And fat laden. It was like I was on a mission to undo thirteen long days on this one- and unlike the pains of the last two weeks, this I could accomplish effortlessly.

My madness did not end there. My Very Best Mummy Buddy and I hit up The Burger Spot, which is conveniently located on the same block as TCBY. We went, we saw and I plundered!!!

Our booty (and now, my booty) included their signature burgers on brioche buns, such as:
The Mexican burger topped with pepperjack, gaucamole, salsa and sour cream):

The Californian Turkey Burger, with avocado and this yummy thousand island sauce reminiscent of the Big Mac special sauce:

The Salmon Burger, with a slaw topping and herb sauce:

Salmon is supposed to be healthy right!? See here the goldeny, deconstructed, inside view:

Each delicious burger came with a side of fries, which can be upgraded to sweet potato fries. I prefer not to mix sweet with my savory but did throw in some sweet potato fries for variety. The fries came with this dipping sauce that seemed ranch dressing based:

Let's step back for a more complete picture!

Oh yes, and feast we did. If the grease from what I was ingesting could leak through multiple barriers, what kind of imprint would it leave on my insides?

Yet, I was undeterred. I moved on to dessert with ease. Frozen Yogurt is not a healthy alternative when your add-ins are heath bar crunch, chocolate chips, extra extra crunchies and copious hot fudge:

According to myfitnesspal, I exceeded my calorie allotment by 1,000, not including the extra extra crunchies for which I was unable to identify nutritional info.
And so endeth the 14th day. 

p.s. Talk about a setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment