Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gym - Day 1

It snowed yesterday which was all the excuse I needed to hole up and hibernate in the house. I told myself I would need to conserve my muscles in case shoveling would be required and that would count towards a workout, as I ate my way through a bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos to give me the sustenance I'd need. 
 
After experimenting with various alternate Doritos flavors, including the Ranch Dipped Hot Wings- which ironically didn't work for me because they tasted like ranch dipped hot wings- Spicy Nacho reigns supreme among my junk food indiscretions. I can't do this any more Spicy... I must quit you except for a three-night stand here or there. By the way, I have this tendency to alternate between satisfying savory and sweet cravings, in the same half hour, multiple reps. 

Thankfully, no shoveling was required because the snow melted by this morning (Update - I learned that actually my brother shoveled! Wow - impressive). Instead, I finally made it to the gym today- I logged 30 minutes on the treadmill, 2.13 miles (I'm doing intervals and it took me over 13 minutes to finish a mile) and the treadmill indicated 190 calories burned. That's only about half a red velvet cupcake... and who only eats one (or two) cupcakes at a time? Tell me who that person is!? So I can eat their remaining cupcakes!!

Anyway, I do notice I'm able to manage my inner sugar-addicted monster somewhat better after exercising, so no cupcakes... yet... largely because they're not in the house. My will is no fortress against goodies that have already breached the home/vision perimeter, and I've been known to leave the house exclusively for junk food runs. I don't understand why it's such a struggle to exercise when it's very convenient for me to do so and I feel great afterwards - one of the mysteries of life.

This was Day 1- 49 more to go to qualify for gym reimbursement and for a bikini body. I realize I'm going to have to fit in core and strength training to achieve the latter but baby steps...
By the way, if it wasn't apparent already, this is a blog about nothing!

p.s. I should note my measurements and not just weight on the scale. I presently have no measuring tape at hand.

p.s.s. blogging is way more convenient with a smart phone- which I only transitioned to a few months ago. I was one of the last humans to let go of their flip phones, despite being eligible for an upgrade for well over a year. I didn't want to pay more and Verizon's smart phone plans are structured so unscrupulously - on principle, this annoys me but not enough to switch from their reliable service. I also didn't consider a smart phone necessary because I'm in front of a desktop computer at work and have a laptop at home. But man, I love this thing! I still don't know how to use it for its full functionality but I'm very pleased to get with the times. This blogger app lets me write on a whim so maybe I will actually keep up with blogging? We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment