Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gym Day 6 & Backlog

This blog is so boring! I've fallen off in posting but not yet on the gym which is an achievement (yes, huge for me even if I'm only 8 days in). 

After not exercising and indulging in "good" eating the past weekend, I made it back to the gym on Monday. 

By "good," I mean thoroughly delicious but not consistent with waistline aspirations. The good eats included:

1) Homemade empanadas! 
I favored the chicken-stuffed (among beef and veggie/corn & cheese) because I've been trying not to eat mammals. I've been largely successful despite various lapses (I can't help but devour Tony Boloney's Signature Philly Cheesesteak in AC). 

2) Fresh Baked Pizza (I ate almost all the red before taking this photo but I ain't mad at the white/ricotta version either):

3) Barefoot Contessa's no-bake cake (Only after eating multiple slices, did I check this out on MyFitnessPal - crap, did each slice really have 386 calories and 28 grams of fat!???):

4) Utz Sour Cream & Onion Chips (the best kind of sour cream & onion chips) paired with a creamy mix of French Onion Dip & Olive Salsa - this concoction spontaneously formed on my plate and was magically delicious!
++

= IN MY MOUTH!!!

Other deliciousness included a most delectable Chocolate Almond Croissant from a french bakery in Queens (thanks to my dear friend SJ who picked up the last of the lot that day!) and a medley from Sanford's diner in Astoria - I would have taken pictures but I ate it too quickly. This gives me more reason to go back, for the sake of reporting of course. An item on my re-eat list includes the "Gouda Stuffed Duck Burger."

It was 2:32 am when I stopped writing and I never got to my point! Describing Monday's impromptu Vinyasa Yoga session will be relegated to the graveyard of stale blog topics in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment