Sunday, December 29, 2013

Keeping It Real

Feeling dejected about my unraveling earlier this day, I went back and reviewed my blog postings. Wow, while I kept up with exercising (sort of, cardio and not even strength) my nutritional input was highly suspect. Coldstone after the gym, chocolate cream pie, fried foods - it's no wonder I haven't seen more of a change in the past two weeks. In fact, I'm lucky I didn't head in the opposite direction towards the increasing side of the scale. It seems the exercise is the only thing that staved off holiday weight gain (at least until my calorie intake of the past 24 hours catches up to me). I guess there is a silver lining that blogging helped me to realize. Sadly, my metabolism isn't what it used to be and now, I can't expect to see results just because I'm exercising when I'm eating whatever I want, albeit in smaller quantities. Looking back at the blog photos was pretty funny and helped put things in annoying perspective.
Maybe I will get to the gym tomorrow and this fresh outlook will help me eat less cookies along the way.

p.s. I kept up with the blogging! Not everything I wanted to cover but it's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment