Thursday, December 26, 2013

Post-Christmas Slump (and eventual Gym Day 8)

Celebrated a phenomenal Christmas!


It was an ethnic food celebration including the tuna cutlets from my last post, chicken tikka masala and biriyani (fried rice). Dessert included cousin-made chocolate cream pie and bro-administered milk, dark and white chocolate fondue! I easily exceeded my calorie allotment according to the myfitnesspal app but it was a holiday complete with guilt-free lack of gym attendance because it was closed (as if I need an excuse not to go to the gym but it was liberating not to have to invent one).

We continued the festivities into the next morning with our slumber party peeps, who have since gone home. Now, I have no excuse not go to the gym which is open 24 hours today - but I'm not feeling it at all! I have lost all motivation! I've been gearing up without actually making any moves to go. 

Check out one of my most cool Christmas presents from my Brother Numsey:
(Cozy hugging) Hoodies with zippered pockets!

This TEC (Technology Enabled Clothing) hoodie, complete with zippered outer and inner pockets, truly is the "perfect workout companion" as described on TEC's website.
GREETINGS FROM SUPER COOL HOODIE!

They're a convenient and comfortable way for me to transport my gym essentials, including car keys, phone and iPod- I prefer my beat-up old iPod (also a Christmas gift from my bro years ago - best brother ever!!!) to storing music on my phone because the iPod holds a wealth of favorite workout tunes. I will get into motivating workout music, without which I am incapacitated from doing the treadmill, in another post. 

p.s. In non-startling news, I did not make it to the gym on Thursday. However, I forced myself to go on Friday and felt extra motivated wearing my TEC hoodie. Finally, I didn't have to check my pockets compulsively while at the gym to make sure things hadn't fallen out. This hoodie is better than a gym bag! 
I not only logged 30 min on treadmill (I definitely felt regression after enjoying two days off and eating large) but I stuck around for a Body Works Plus Abs group class that started less than ten minutes after I got off the treadmill. I wasn't keen on extending my workout by an hour (wish they offered half hour condensed versions of group classes - an hour is too long!!). However, I attended because I've been neglecting strength training to address my weakness and lack of muscle tone. It was rough making it through the class and I didn't complete the entire series of exercises/reps. I have a real issue with lunges, more specifically that I really hate doing them! I was also unable to hold a plank for more than ten seconds. This was discouraging, which should inspire me to keep at it, but I can't make any promises.
p.s.s. I followed up my extended workout by polishing off the leftover Coldstone Creamery ice cream in the freezer. 
Bad, very (deliciously) bad.
Coldstone is probably one of the worst things to eat if you're trying to lose fat and a 1/2 cup serving offers 240 calories and 13 grams of fat, 9 of which are saturated!!?? according to myfitnesspal- whoah, I should have looked that up before doing this:
This is the abyss which gazes back into my belly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment