Sunday, January 26, 2014

Great Italian Food With Great Company

Saturday marked 4 weeks since my last workout. To memorialize my flagrant defiance of fitness goals, I wore not-so-loose-anymore pants to dinner at an authentic Italian restaurant. I again thought of photos only after mass consumption (fried calamari with extra marinara sauce, Maryland lump crab cakes, wasabi crusted shrimp, my first and hopefully not last fried capellini, pesto pistachio rigatoni, penne al la vodka with chicken and vegetables, and a tiny taste of monkfish before committing to saving room for dessert).

I managed to snap these pictures of dessert before they got in my belly.

Creme Brûlée - so delicate and creamy!

Mississippi Mudcake - chocolate moussey, fudgy and rich

Chocolate soufflé- I prefer these with a molten center

Pistachio tartufo in a white chocolate shell 

This was supposed to be my last meal before reclaiming my fitness goals but I woke up this Sunday afternoon craving more!!!! Moooooore!!!!!! 

P.S. More ='d pizza, sweet potato fries, NY-style cheesecake with my favorite kind of graham cracker crust, carrot cake and tiramisu.

P.S.S. Monday I'll start again.
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."
 
— Shakespeare's Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment