Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Early Closing (and Hibernating)!

It's been three weeks and counting since the gym, along with the return of the 2.2 lbs. temporarily and arduously dropped in what now seems like another life or, if I'm not exaggerating, last month. This past Sunday's question was indeed answered with a resounding "No!"

What's my problem? Well, presently, not work!! Woohoo! Thanks to an ongoing winter storm and early closing!

This is the doorstep view of the storm in progress:
Warm and toasty fingers/toes crossed for hump day closing tomorrow!

To prepare for full blown hibernation, I dared to call in to the local Papa John's and obnoxiously asked whether they'd still deliver. 

Here remains their joyous and surprising answer (my blog food pics reflect that I tend to recall photo taking only after hunger satiating):
I hog the edge triangular pieces of Chicago-cut thin crust pizza pies!

I have just begun!!! Including with this P.J.'s Mega Cookie. 
Its gooey warm chocolatey insides are a delightful affront to the frigid weather outside. Unfortunately, one slice alone is just shy of 200 calories and has 9 grams of fat (4.5 saturated). Excuse me while I bury my head in cookie. 

P.S. Perfect timing to return to the Arrow marathon that I commenced during the long weekend (Breaking Bad has gone on hold awaiting watching with other invested family members).

P.S.S. In a completely unrelated note, I think this AAMCO commercial is racist!
The "shady" mechanics are ambiguously ethnic in their appearances and in their broken, accented, English. The good mechanic is presented as inherently trustworthy because he's a clean cut white man speaking in complete sentences with no accent. This kind of marketing is insidious but sadly, probably effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment